Carole C. Hadlock
Hobbies for Seniors
"Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life" – Wayne Dyer
Hobbies are for all of us to enjoy and explore. Hobbies are also a good way to connect with others and socialize. For seniors with limited ability, there are a few hobbies they can do in the comfort of their own home.
Reading: Reading is a good way to be entertained. For reading material, Seniors can choose books, magazines and libraries which have deliveries for Seniors.
2. Online Teaching/or Online Courses: There are many online courses with different topics that offer online courses. Seniors can also share their knowledge by online teaching and can set their own hours.
3. Painting: Painting is a creative way for Seniors to express themselves. It can be soothing, healing and inspiring. All that is required for this hobby is a canvas, some paint and a few brushes.
4. Creative Writing: For Seniors with limited ability, creative writing is another great way for Seniors to express themselves. All that is needed is a pen, paper and a laptop or PC.
5. Indoor Gardening: Indoor Gardening is a great way to get fresh air and calm the body and mind. Seniors can search online for websites and blogs for information about indoor gardening.
6. Birdwatching: Birdwatching is an enjoyable way to spend time both indoors and outdoors, observing birds in a backyard, park or through windows.
Hobbies can provide a sense of accomplishment for Seniors and give them a sense of pride. They are also a way for expression and healing.
What are some hobbies you enjoy and suggest for Seniors?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Works Cited: https://retirementaffairs.com/hobbies-for-seniors-with-limited-mobility/