There's always a good time to take care of our health.
August is "National Wellness Month" in the U.S.
This is a great time to also raise awareness and educate people
on the importance of health.
"Recognizing the importance of wellness, reflecting on what your wellness encompasses, and tending to your wellness are all-powerful preventative methods to improve your mental health and overall well-being. "
Overall wellness encompasses our mental health, spiritual health and emotional health.
Here are a few tips to improve well-being:
Limit Sugary Drinks
- Research shows sugar-sweetened beverages increases the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Healthy Choices
- Unsweetened Teas
- Sparkling Water
2. Eat Nuts and Seeds
- Nuts and Seeds are very nutritious, packed with fiber, protein.
3. Spend time in nature
- Connect with the environment and take in all it's beauty.
4. Sign up for a self-care subscription
- Receive monthly reminders to take care of yourself.
5. Connect with Friends and Family
- Be with loved ones who bring you joy!
National Wellness Month is also a good time to send gifts to those you love to promote health and wellness or even a gift for yourself :)
Fill the basket with aromatherapy candles and soothing body lotions.
Send your family or friends a token of rest and relaxation.
Aromatherapy Diffusers make a lovely gift of peace and relaxation.
"We often think about wellness as the absence of illness. Yet wellness is also the presence of satisfaction, joy, and purpose."
“When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.”